Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy three kings

Today is the twelfth day after Christmas. The twelve days of Christmas ends today, the Feast of the Epiphany - Three Kings Day. Facebook, which is good in reminding me of events, tells me that I have three friends named Melchor who are all celebrating their birthdays today. Happy birthday to them. Happy three kings to all of us.

I also know of a Mang Gaspar. I bet it's also his birthday today. I don't know anyone named Baltazar. It's more common as a surname than first name. Available online text bills the three kings as Caspar, Melchior, and Balthazar. But in the Philippines, I remember the billing went as Melchor, Gaspar, Baltazar. That's probably why for those born on January 6 more are named Melchor than Gaspar or Baltazar.

No comments:

Post a Comment