Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm staying with Globe, but Sun USB modem is best



A day before the "deadline" for Globe to fix my phone and DSL, technicians came over and restored the service. The Globe DSL speed is still less than the advertised, unlike Sun Cellular, who delivers more than 2Mb/s (screenshots).

Actually Sun landline+3G broadband offers more bang for the buck mainly because of the 2Mb/s, but I don't have a 3G router yet and at the same time my wifi setup with Globe DSL still works perfectly. Unfortunately my wireless router will not work with a USB 3G modem. In the meantime I'm staying with Globe, 'til I get a 3G compatible router or Sun offers me to test drive one.

But for Metro Manila residents, if you're thinking of acquiring a USB 3G modem, I recommend the Sun Cellular broadband option. It kicks the ass of Globe (and Smart also).

No comments:

Post a Comment